2. Install VPN server (OpenVPN) on VPS What is a VPN?
- Those who reside abroad and want to be able to access the Internet with a Spanish IP
- Those who want to have a fixed IP, since the IP of the VPS we never change it
- Those who want to hide the real IP of their connection
- For those who have speed problems accessing some websites, our servers have a 10 Gbps connection, so the browsing speed is excellent.
- Those who want to keep increasing privacy on their Internet connection
Install the VPN
- Buy a VPS here, with the cheapest model it will work for you.
- Install Ubuntu 18.04, you have it explained in step 3 of this guide.
- Connect by SSH, you have it explained in step 6 of this guide.
- Install OpenVPN Access Server with this command:
apt update && apt -y install ca-certificates wget net-tools gnupg; wget -qO - https://as-repository.openvpn.net/as-repo-public.gpg | apt-key add -; echo "deb http://as-repository.openvpn.net/as/debian bionic main">/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openvpn-as-repo.list; apt update && apt -y install openvpn-as
- Set a password to the openvpn user with this command:
- Access the OpenVPN management panel by connecting with your web browser to the IP of your VPS (using https protocol and port 943).
- change 126.96.36.199 for the IP of your VPS
Password: The one you put in the previous step
- When you have the program installed, you can connect and disconnect whenever you want:
- • You can also access the administrator, through this URL: https://188.8.131.52:943/admin